View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knownonscents View Post
Since this thread seems to be turning into another bow vs. crossbow thread, I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in.

As far as I'm concerned. I could give a rats azz about the effective range. They are somewhat compareable......what is not is the fact that you can sit or walk or what ever with a crossbow cocked and locked and a scope on it, in comparison to a bow. No one can argue that that is not a large advantage to a crossbow and makes it more similar to a rifle than an actual bow.

That being said, I think crossbows are coooool. I dont think i will ever own one except maybe for fun but they are cool.

I would rather bow hunt. And when I try something new I would probably try a ML over a CB.

JMO.

why not try both? they are all fun. anyone who thinks you can effortlessly become accurate with a crossbow to 60 yards clearly has little to no experience with them. the advantage has been explained. you can walk around (or sit) with it cocked ready to go. that means decreased movement when it is time to shoot. thats it. as for range, it is the same as a vertical bow. the average guy will top out around 40 yards, and some guys who practice lots will be able to shoot confidently to 60. many more will be limited to 30. guess what.....JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BOW. as for the scope...they make em for vertical bows too.
seriously, get some experience with them before claiming to be an expert.
i have shot both. my preference actually happens to be the vertical bow...my current rig is a mathews reezen. i am comfortable to 60 because of a lot of practice. the bow has the kinetic energy to kill at 100, but should i? that damn crossbow had such a wild arc to it, i wouldnt shoot at a deer past 30. with enough practice i could have gotten better, but i found i preferred the vertical bow.