View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Whoa, give fisheries management credit for try something differnent!!!

To perhpas clarify and as I understand - It will be "illegal" to keep either pike and or perch from bodies of water specifically stocked with trout or grayling.

My understanding of the logic behind this is that because nobody will be allowed to keep any Perch from a Trout or Grayling stocked body of water there will not be no incentive/reason for anyone to illegally introduce Perch into those bodies of water in the first place! Unless their incentive is to create a C&R trophy Perch fishery?

We have to fix the problem and the problem is not that the Perch, Pike, or Walleye are in those bodies of water but rather that someone put them in their illegally. The people are the problem not the fish!!!

Makes perfect sense to me. It’s thinking outside of the box now we will have to wait and see if it works. I would assume they are planning to kill off the illegally introduced species in the near future with this new regulation in-place.

I like the idea.
I can see your point Penner. With all the talk about how there is no decent Perch fishing close to Edmonton, some people may be tempted to do something about it. I have never fished Hasse but I have heard from people there were some nice Perch in there for a couple of years. Unfortunately the ones who illegally stock the Perch don't care about rules and will keep them anyway.
It seems like nothing the government does is the right approach. But I agree with you it is nice to see them thinking outside the box.

Deano