View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebles View Post
People are always asking because game meat tastes way better than anything from the store. It's also novel and rare since I assume these askers don't hunt themselves. You'd rather go and get them a roast at Safeway? If they could get it at Safeway they probably wouldn't ask.

I share plenty of game meat because I like to and I think more people should know how tasty it is. There is always a spectrum of appreciation levels for my efforts, and with a few acquaintances who just don't get it I have stopped offering. Wrapping up garbage meat to give away I hope is a joke, but it's hard to tell on this site.
To each their own. Game meat is sacred and i will share with other hunters for sure. As for the people that dont hunt, oh well. There is a reason they dont hunt. Whether its their beliefs about killing animals, fear of guns or just laziness. My other half connected on a doe last week while we were out for elk. It was a 26km hump round trip by the time we got back to the truck and packed it out. I dont just "give away " our game meat. Im also a gym rat into bodybuilding and the absolute best organic protein is not something i just give away.