View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhmmmm View Post
You would have to be an absolute wizard to do what he described for ten thousand dollars!!! Sorry but I am a GC and these numbers kill me. Let me list a few materials the DIY person would need to buy for this. I would be impressed if you could buy all the materials for 20k. But I could be wrong if you REALLY spent time finding best deals on everything.

Lumber, insulation, wiring, drywall, mud, drop ceiling, bathroom vanity, top, sink, toilet, bath/shower. Bar cabinets, sink, fridge, backsplash, probably 4 doors, with handles, casing, baseboards, then flooring in all different areas. Don’t forget permits either. I could keep going forever! A ton of work goes into a nice basement and I just want people to have a bit more realistic view on things.

My bet is your looking between 60 and 120 thousand for the basement your talking. 120 is certainly on the high side and would include high end finishes everywhere! Purpose built gym flooring, stone tops on nice cabinets in bar and bathroom. The money gets spent in the details everywhere! Every item I listed can be purchased for a large range of prices, and installed by a wide range of construction type worker! Forgive me if I am too far off with anything, I work on the management side, not finance side of a gc. However I consider my numbers fairly accurate. I could provide you with companies that would come in near both price points I think. If you ever have a question pm me, more then happy to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really, $10000.00?

I am a contractor as well, you nailed it with that statement.