View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Molly did a nice thing by posting the link.

Heaven Can Wait does good work in and for the community. Their services have probably helped thousands of PEOPLE, as well as their animals...

Seems there's always someone throwing shade on a well intentioned suggestion. This isn't a political conversation, it's a shout out for a helping hand. It doesn't take a penny away from anyone to support this rescue by voting for them. If you don’t want to support them, fine. No need to be critical.
Thanks, Deb, for saying what I was thinking last night after reading the negative responses. I have yet to see a dog in Walmart buying his own dogfood, or a cat dragging itself to the vet with a broken leg, debit card in paw, so there is always a need for kind hearted souls who WISH to assist in any way they like. AND HCW excels at what they do, and they were nominated for this contest by others.
As for the comment about all rescues being anti-hunting...for the record, we have donated the bones from the Hublet's hunts for the last six years to...a dog rescue in Calgary!! And...they are very grateful!! They even happily take packages of game that have been living in our freezer a little too long. And send me photos of their foster dogs gnawing on dem bones!! So, sure, some rescues may be against hunting but some are not. Woof.

PS. 4139 and counting...

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!