View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I miss the island...small lakes full of dolly's and cutties...jump on the motorbike and head to the hills...peaceful.....just gotta get away from the city centre's though....
With the exception of being born in the Charlotte’s and a few years there I spent most of the first 40 years of life on the Island with majority of it being in Campbell River. It was a truly great place to live if you loved the outdoors. Deer and black bear hunting was awesome. Elk were everywhere and the hardest part was getting a tag. Freshwater and saltwater fishing was excellent.

I had a couple good places a guy could go for a quad ride and catch salmon or bottom fish from shore with no one else around. I usually fished with a Buzz-bomb or Sting-Zelda so I had as good a chance of catching a salmon as a cod. Bait of some sort worked good for bottom fish as they as just scavengers but salmon a quite a bit more picky.

Lots of sun in the summer but the fall/winter/spring were long with months of gloomy weather. I don’t miss that much...