View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiseeker View Post
Tagish bridge deck is probably 25 feet or so above the river.

I am assuming by your response you will be on foot - IOW - no boat.

When you catch one, probably easiest to walk the 100 feet or so down to the boat launch north west of the bridge.

If you are on foot, another bridge they fish off of is the Bennett Lake bridge - I've seen lots of fish between the two bridges - another 60 kms west in the town of Carcross. Drive into the town site and you can't miss the two bridges. Fish off the western bridge and you should see decent numbers.

You can also hit the river coming out of Kusawa lake - Tahkini River - holds grayling right at the campground half way in to the lake (forget the name). There is a steep bank and a holding pool right there.

And lastly, check out Otter falls, on the way in to Aishihik Lake - west of Whitehorse - Grayling and an indigenous strain of Rainbow trout. Nothing real big, but good numbers.

Boat is a possibility but nothing confirmed as of yet so just want to make sure I have lots of options, thanks!

Where I am staying is only a few Kms from the Tahkini River just north of Whitehorse so I imagine I will be fishing there quite a bit. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are also pike in there right?

I really appreciate all this info, it will definitely make my trip more enjoyable!