View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:50 PM

The following comment was to Dave's letter. I edited my comment a bit, but I want you folks to see my reaction because not providing us with data that supports a closure is unacceptable... if I didn't know better, I might think oh I trust fisheries workers and I support native fish conservation so yeah, for sure, do what you need to do... I might be supportive in the Berland because I don't know anything about it, but when I have fished a river for almost 40 years and it's the best it's ever been and getting better with a wide range of size classes, I'm not taking your word for it and I NO LONGER TRUST YOU. Ask a hell of a lot of questions guys! As far as OHV crossing problems, no kidding, quit wasting your time inventorying them, select a vulnerable watershed and fix them for god's sake... fix the habitat, trout can handle C&R.

I read in part of the North-Central Native Trout Survey Info that C&R has been ineffective. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The fishing out west has improved astronomically over what it was. As a former fisheries worker I can tell you without a doubt they are dead wrong in at least one of the watersheds... it has done nothing but improve and it is still getting better. I expect I have more fisheries inventory data stored in my head from this year than the department has acquired and my accounts absolutely do not suggest closure to trout fishing is remotely necessary. Why the hell would you limit recreational opportunity in Clearwater County, for no good reason, when they are looking to boost the economy in any way they can. I've responded to the North-Central Native Trout survey and have asked them to personally reply to me. I am ****ed off... I question their methodology in a number of respects. First of all, why the hell are you asking anglers to agree to closures when you are providing us with zero data to make an informed decision or a forum to ask questions. Ridiculous!!! I'm not at all interested in being stopped from enjoying a river because someone just says so, especially, when I see a completely different picture.