View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 09:05 AM

Working in the patch at a plant beside the north sask river and on Boxing Day close to 20 years ago I got a visitor. Just after midnight a guy shows up at my plant and says he got stuck and needs a pull. I ask where abouts. He starts explaining and I’m confused and he gives me more weird details. I radio another guy to come over as I let my overactive imagination get the best of me and figure I’m going to get mugged at work. We go down a small backroad and he says we just passed where his car is stuck. It’s a real head scratcher at this point as we never seen it on the road. Turn around and there it is stuck in the middle of a small creek. We start asking more questions and piece it all together. This guy was headed back to a nearby town and thought he could take a shortcut through the country to get there. He turned down a road he thought he needed to use and came to a field(in his words). He drove down the field until he came to the road we was on now. Problem was he turned before the bridge and never crossed the river which he needed to do to get back to his town. So what he actually did was go down an old back road to an even older ferry crossing. Due to lack of snow that year he managed to drive right onto the north sask river. He then drove approximately a mile and a half down the river, past our plant until he seen a creek and turned up it and drove until he fell through the flood ice. We pulled out his vehicle, he said thanks, and took off. He was driving an 80’s Camero with bald tires. The tracks the next day on the river were priceless.