View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 09:15 AM

I was doing Repo's for Chrysler credit back in the day, all of 19 years old in Lloydminster, which was pretty rough in the 80's. I got the paperwork and headed to the Debtor's house, was told to be careful, he may be armed. I thought they were kidding, but was apprehensive.
When I got there, I met the guy at the door, told him in no uncertain terms that I was taking his van, and he didn't want to start anything with me. Me being a big tough (to me in the mirror anyway) 6'6 19 year old, him a scary rough looking 40 year old from North of Lloydminster, getting the picture?
We chatted for a bit, and he said I could take it if I helped him unload the van for him. I agreed, and helped haul I can't even remember how many rifles and shotguns into the house. They weren't kidding he was armed.
The next day I got paperwork to go repo a car. The address was very familiar.
After a little chat I helped the same guy remove all the same firearms from the trunk of his car. We got along fairly well all things considered, but I was sure glad he only had 2 vehicles. I never saw him again.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....