View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
You yourself stated that you much preferred the slightly raised rib of the Brownings over the flat rib of Beretta. The ventilated ribs aren't vents they are part of a sight to look down and both come standard with high viz.
I prefer a sightly raised rib for shooting clays, because it results in me looking a bit further away from the barrel which provides me with a bit better view of the targets. SxS shotguns are no longer common for competitive clays shooting, because they restrict the shooters view of the target more than an O/U or a single barrel gun. As for hi viz beads being standard on guns with higher ribs, my Kreighoff does not have a hi viz bead. In fact even the Kreighoff Pro Sporters with the highest rib do not come with them. If they were really an advantage, why do you suppose that the manufacturer of one of the top competition shotgun lines doesn't make them standard on their competition guns? As for the competition guns that come with them, how many of the better shooters do you suppose use them as sights? Some people do use them as a reference to verify gun mount, then they ignore them, and call for the target. And again, we are talking pre mounted guns, or situations where the origin and path of the target is known in advance ,not hunting situations, where you aren't sure of exactly where the target is coming from, or where it is going. As for the rib, it provides a flat surface to look over, not to look at. And again, it is a reference, not a sight.