View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 AM

My favourite rifle is my stainless, laminate takedown in 30-06 with the 81 style stock. I didn't get it for the takedown feature and had the same gun previously in 270 wsm without the takedown. I think its for sale at WSS right now in the used section in Calgary. Personally I dont see much use for the takedown, but if I travelled by plane to hunt this would be a great feature. The gun holds its accuracy after reassembly. I heard concerns regarding trigger being too stiff but found mine to be great. I found it to be just as accurate a hunting rifle as my other bolts. It's a great gun to lug around and operate. Light weight & fast. I also have the shot show white gold medallion version in 270 wsm. Beautiful gun. Not sure I want to take it hunting though. Too pretty. This one has the pistol grip but of the two, I prefer the 81 stock.

Of all the research I had done regarding the BLR, I found most of it to be heresay. Guys on various forums saying " I heard they are...". After using the BLR I found any negatives to be unfounded. You will love your new BLR.

Last edited by tracker; 06-04-2009 at 09:15 AM.