View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM

Dick I dont mean this as a personal attack or anything like that just a comment, from what I had heard from a few olds local members the complaints started really coming in when the RCMP (and I believe calgary city police, again this is what I recall hearing a couple years ago and is by no means the gospel) started using the range for training, dumping full auto high capacity mags all day long out there. I know of a guy North east of calgary who built his own private range on his farm and had it approved for pistols that never had a complaint from a neighbor until the calgary police started shooting there, again full autos. I dont really think the issue is that it was being over run by shooters from calgary, I would guess that its not much different than most ranges and majority of the members only have membership so they can possess a restricted firearm. I do completely agree with you that the calgary area shooters need to get together and approach the government about getting another range facility, and not another sibbald gong show. If I were a more intelligent and articulate fellow I would try to get something like this going but I think somebody with a little more experience or education would do a better job.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper