View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
In this case,The late season buck was broardside,of course unaware of my presence.The 6.5 creedmoor,with lots of practice,made this spine shot possible.It was less than 100m.It dropped on the spot.As with most spine shots a finisher was required.Area 316 With permission for access across private land lots of deer.
Why pizz around with a spine shot....which I doubt was the intent. Two or three inches lower and that deer would run for miles. And there is no blood trail from spine shots that miss destroying the spine, AND, if you’re successful in paralyzing a deer, you get the pleasure of walking up to a live animal and having to shoot it in the head while it’s helpless. Not really a “best approach” concept. In fact a “worst approach” concept.

Learn to shoot!!!!

My buck this year was 100 yd broadside, 6.5X55, offhand shot, blew the bottom of his heart off, ( which means I shot 3inches lower than expected) stone cold dead in 10yards, a blood trail you could follow in the dim light of the last minutes of legal light. Deer was dead before he even knew it. And zero meat damage, other than the heart. But still not ideal!!!!