View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
That's the problem with accepting everything that you're told as factual. It can make you look silly. In the future you might want to consider the source and credibility of the individual(s) telling you things.

For the sake of avoiding future derails by the bobbleheads here's the whole story. Three years ago I joined the ATA and at that time Ann (geeze, I wish that I was certain of her name) guided me through the process of setting up my NAFA account, ATA membership, etc. The following year when I brought in my Fall rats I was reminded that memberships were due and I took care of it on the spot. Last year I wasn't reminded and I allowed my membership to lapse. It was brought to my attention towards the end of July and I renewed it as soon as I could.

I believe that the re-org at the ATA depot may have contributed to the staff not reminding me that memberships were expiring otherwise I would have taken care of it right there and then like I had done the previous year. As I described in the post that you quoted, the staff at the depot was working frantically to keep up with their workload. Ultimately, it was my responsibility and I'm not the type of person to blame others for things that I'm responsible for. Besides, the last I heard there was a cost involved with dropping off fur at the ATA for non-members and I had been dropping my fur off there all season. Based simply on that, out of principle, I believe that it was the right thing to do.

It amazes me how some people are so easily manipulated and distracted from the real issue and diverted away from it simply bringing up something as trivial as whether or not my membership is up to date or not. Oh look.....a squirrel.

Glad you finally ran out and renewed you membership Dave about time. The only one trying to manipulate people is you and YOU'RE conspiracy theories Dave they are getting old, I would hope to see you at the agm in Sept to voice all your theories and concerns, a retired veteran like you has nothing but time right? Or is it all keyboard complaining? The folks at the ata office have a lot to do for short periods during the season but overall they are anything but overloaded.

Last edited by catnthehat; 09-04-2016 at 08:39 PM.