View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNOutdoorsman View Post
I think its getting close to the time to blow this team up. Trade all these overpaid spoiled brats that arent producing to what their salaries indicate, and look forward to a young, fast exciting future team when the new arena opens. If they keep these same underachievers and somehow sign Lindholm and Hannifin, there will be many season ticket holders gone for good. And someone above hit the nail on the head, Sutter was "A" problem, NOT "THE " problem. This new softer coach has his work cut out. Flames will not make the playoffs this year.
Easier said than done, as some of these contracts are quite poor with how the player is currently performing. An example, I expect we'd have to pay for someone to take Kadri and his $7M cap hit for 5 more years with his on-pace stats of 12 pts and +/- -94 for the season. Not a huge Kadri fan either, he'd be the first to go if possible. Anyway I'd definitely be trading Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tanev for picks/prospects. The issue then being you bring in a bunch of young guys and have them looking up to the veterans, Kadri and Huberdeau, for the next 5 years...