View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:43 PM

Coming back from BC I stopped in BC then was told to go to Hinton for inspection. The guy there was good, but the girl thought she was far too important. They asked what lake I was coming from, I said Pacific. They clued in, and said that my boat being only in Salt water was not affected in anyway. Then they said they were going to inspect it anyway
I told them that it was a good program and I agreed, but being exempt because of salt water only I was annoyed that they were holding me up.
She crawled under the boat checking with her little flashlight, and I asked the guy if he could give me a form to show the next one so I would not have to go through all this again.
"We don't do that, you will have to be inspected again, it is mandatory at every site"
She then demanded that I lower the leg on the main engine, to which I refused. I said I was not going to board the boat, move the crab traps, coolers, suitcases, spare tire, just to turn on the power so she could practise clearing a big boat at my expense.
She started in on me about having to inspect inside the leg, and I reminded her again it was a salt water boat, and that SHE said I was exempt.
Again I said, I agree with the program, but....
she jumped in immediately with 'BUT WHAT?'
But I am coming from Salt water in a 12,000lb vessel that obviously doesn't see fresh water.
She cleared me to go, and he told me to wait while he printed my report??? Haha what?
You mean the form I asked for that you do not provide?
My plug was out, no infractions and on my way, took 20 minutes.
Give someone a little power......

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....