View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 PM

Another relaxing day at the range, and got to see first hand how a frugal clamp on muzzle brake works.

A fellow from Edmonton has been running 2 rifles for the last 7 years, and they shoot pin holes.

150gr out of his 30/06, and 212gr from his 300 win Mag.

His first shoot of the day was the 16" gong at 600 meters, then he quarter shot all four sections of the gong from there. 12, 3, 6, and 9 oh-clock.

I have never seen this done at the range with a big bore, I guess the non threaded Kahntrol Solutions MB works.

http://www.snipercentral.com/clamp-muzzlebrake-reviews/

They claim it has 40% less recoil, but he said its more like 25 to 30% since he has tried some other MB's in Europe that show much better results.

He didn't have time to do the machine threaded unit when he bought the rifle 7 years ago, so this was one of those throw away ideas when he had time later on,,, funny thing is that it worked right of the get go he said.

It's alot like shooting his 30/06 with no MB with light loads.

His Ought-6 is sporting the same, it tamed it down into the 243 category, he watch each of his bullets hit the target, nill for kick and muzzle blast was pretty tame.

A person can run with or without them at their choosing as it only takes a minute to put them on. No machining, no fuss.

I was not going this route, but after seeing how tame his rifles were on the bench, I'm sold.

He said if the shooter is planning on switching back and forth, make up 2 different impact charts, that way the bullet will be on target with our without the Brake.

He said its almost like cheating in the accuracy game. Ha

Maybe my friend will add some to his 30/30's. "Not."