View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:12 AM

I was thinking about posting this on another thread this morning, but it only made sence to share it with those that enjoy getting out there with the irons they have in hand.

"""All the math, science, innovation, and ideas can assist those that choose this path in life, but for many of us,,, well that's a different story. LOL

It's my turn to reflect back on my Pop's passing this year, the good stuff that is. Ha

Good times that matter the most in our own lives, whether it be a 223,,, 30/30 winchester or everything in-between. My Pops favorite guns were his 303 British, a family hand-me down 30/30,,, and a old rusty single shot 22 rimfire with a piece of wood broken off the butt of the stock.

I would'nt be suprized if I bring out the Old Flint Lock from hiding this year. The kids eyes will be as big as saucers. LOL

http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/dads-las...-the-memories/

My Pops was a People person first and foremost, but he also enjoyed his alone time all around our Americas.
As kids growing up he introduced us to the Mountains of BC along with the rest of Canada, and our nabours North and South.

I mounted a picture of him on our wall board this spring, a 9 Year old boy riding his favourite horse Prince on the Bald @$$ prairies of Big Stone Alberta.

Funny that this young boy grew up dirt poor to carve out a living for him self and family.

The above story will be one of those things I'll reflect back on in all of my harvests from here on in.

The good times sitting under the shade of a apple tree in the Okanagan Valley when I was his young age many years ago.

Always good times and memories to share at a camp fire near you.

The wilds surely offer this on every outing.