View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I played with one a bit and while I wouldn't say it wowed me.....the cool factor was pretty darned high. It's a Browning that comes with the baggage Browning comes with but damn it's cool. Taking it a part was pretty simple and it was ready to shoot in no time. If your only reason for wanting one is "cause", then I say go for it. Fun gun for sure. If you really needed a lever, I'd say there are far better options but for the cool factor, ya, buy one!
Thanks for the feed-back Sheephunter ... much appreciated! Having never owned a 'lever' before, I'm curious as to what would be a better 'lever' ... what would you suggest?

================================================== =======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
I have a BLR pistol grip in 30-06. I love it, For me its smooth and when I shoulder it, its right there. Seems to swing nice. I been thinking of the take down, but if I bought one the wifey would flip. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5R Milspec View Post
I have a BLR in a non-takedown straight grip .308 and for a bush gun I love it. It's light and compact and quite accurate for a lever action. I love the .308 cal. anyway but when I'm doing a lot of hiking through the bush it is by far my first pick. Haven't had any experience with the take down model but I really do love my BLR.
In this world of "bigger is better", it's good to see ^ continued support for the 'tried & true' .30-06 & .308 ... two of my favorites!

Lilsundance and 5R Milspec ... thanks for your feed-back as well. I'm hoping you'll provide a few more details if you have the time.

My only reason for considering the "Takedown" version is that it appears to be easier to clean and service. I 'hear-tell' that one should never attempt to dismantle (take apart) the standard version of the BLR, so cleaning & servicing of the standard version of the rifle appears quite limited.

Being owners of the standard version, what has been your experience with this?

TF