View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
LOL....yes I do....it describes your post above

....read the OP again, you clearly are missing the point...."I forgot" is not a worthy defence in any situation...

The point is if YOU forgot YOU have no one to blame but YOU.....so take responsibility for YOUR actions.

LC
No, no you don't... someone forgetting to do something that is required of them once every 730 days isn't unreasonable.

Getting the ticket reduced in a legal manner isn't a horrible thing.

Not realizing the speed limit, not realizing you have a tail light out, not noticing a speed limit sign, forgetting to renew your registration etc is obviously ALL the fault of the driver...

Going to court to get your fine reduced (if possible) isn't equal to not accepting blame. If it's legally possible to get your fine reduced, why not?

I think that either way, he will be more likely to remember to take care of it in the future. Going to court and paying $100+ is still a pain in the butt.

Lefty, would you not accept a warning on a speeding ticket? Would you insist on paying a fine for something if another less costly option was offered to you?
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.