View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
ESRD control permits have been the better part of a joke. They have been ongoing for many many years but have been so on again off afaik that the only places they can control is in small horse numbers in the south. They do the same in the central part of the province but it has had minimal success due to the vast areas and large horse numbers. But to say ESRD has a rein on it is a bit premature to say the least!!!

How many horses reside in the Oldman area? How many permits have been issued yearly for the last 10yrs? How many horses have been removed Yearly? And what did this being the population from and down to?

With out this you really have no clue if they have any success or control!!!

Hey Buff you ever been through any of the high horse population areas?? The areas holding the vast majority of the horse numbers?

You sure are all over the place with this post.

Trapping permits are a joke?

Now you are saying that there are large horse numbers in the central area.
Agreed!

Are you saying that the trapping effort needs to be consistent and possibly increased? Or since you claim that trapping is not effective in this area, does there need to be other population control methods used to reduce the "large horse numbers"? A "Natural" hunting party can be organized to get the job done if trapping is uneffective.

I said that the Upper Oldman herd has been reined in, not the central Alberta area. If you want to know the numbers, call Forestry and Lands, I'm pretty sure they will tell you what they told me. Why the refusal to believe that trapping has kept this herd in check? Are you upset to hear that trapping has worked?

Yes, a few times.