View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 06:38 AM

Consignment you set the price and they take 20-30% of the sale price. If they buy it outright they take 40% off retail and offer that. Best deal going for selling your guns is Prophet River. You get 100% of the sale proceeds as long as you spend the money on something from Prophet River. I have heard there are a couple of places also doing that.

There is no reliable Canadian pricing guide for used guns. Prices vary widley by Geography and most particularly by the condition of the gun. Look up the price of a new gun the same as what you are selling, that will give you a starting point. Then check to see what is listed used in the make and calibre you want to sell. Ellwood Epps has an extensive list of used that is easily filtered and checking AO plus CGN using the search function is also useful.

Personally I sell mine on here and CGN. Never had a problem moving a gun that was properly priced. CGN is good because it expands your reach far beyond Alberta, where the current economy is hurting the sale prices on many things. Include good quality photos of the gun and a complete description of condition, etc. Advertisements without photos sell less than 40% as often as those that have good pictures.