View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 11:26 PM
AO Sponsor

This is tragic news for our wild fur industry. A sale needs to happen, the goods need to move. The trappers need cash, the auction needs cash, the manufacturers need goods to make their wares, the tanneries desperately need fur.

I know there is much gossip out there that claims that GFW and myself are anti FHA... that is a lie. This industry is too small for enemies, we literally cant afford any, and thats not just empty words or senseless talk. We truly hope for the best for FHA, that they can get jump started to get the wild fur in motion.

Truthfully, many in the fur industry are taking a long hard look at wild fur. They see wild fur as a low cost to produce commodity, compared to ranch mink and ranch fox of which cost to produce is increasing the exponentially! Obviously they arent quite up on our true costs to produce, but it does seem that we will produce goods massively lower than ranch, never mind the troubles of ranch ex. industry not wanting ranchers 5XL foxes because of perceptions that cates cant be made larger, etc

We hope to weather the storm, i certainly hope things dont get worse. Some unforseen catastrophic economic event on top of our stock market woes and about a year from then we might all be wishing we had bought 10 cases of toilet paper like some!!!