Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Re post # 51

I was looking for a simple answer - would Jesus be a good or bad leader? I wasn't looking for all kinds of speculation about what might or might not be.
Clearly a disruptive one, including to those of faith. Everything I said hearkens back to things that would be different from the way most perceive it today. You know, like the Sunday thing. Or the adult vs. child baptism.

Quote:
Re "what produces the bad-ness" question. Good start to the answer, but there's a simple one-word one that gets right to the heart of the matter. I wonder if you know it, or just don't want to go there.
Does it involve, as Venezuelan President Chavez once said at the UN about Bush, sulpher?

Quote:
Re: Penn Jillette's 10 Suggestions. I suppose, being suggestions, they would be optional? Not at all having the weight of divine 'Commandments'. Yup they are full of common sense, thus would be good for civil society. Some of them sound an awful lot like some ancient commandments though - well, except they remove "God" from the picture and move 'man' into His place in those ancient commandments
I believe the original actually said commandments, it was my editorial to change it to suggestions. The origin was that Glenn Beck challenged Jillette to come up with an atheist equivalent of the biblical 10 Commandments, so he did.

Actually, they are much better then the original ones. I mean, who would want to cook a baby goat in it's mother's milk anyways or offer the blood of their sacrifice with leavened bread. That just is plain weird. (Exodus 34)