Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Here goes, as briefly as I can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
So do you follow all the laws laid down in the OT? No, some were meant for the OT people of Israel.

Or just the Ten Commandments? Yes, however, I understand the 10 commandments of the Bible to be the basic 'short-form' of God's 'law' and all other godly 'law' is derived and extrapolated from them

Who determines which ones to follow and which to ignore?
Of the 10 Commandments? Follow all of them, don't ignore any. They are divine commandments, not 'suggestions' or options.Beyond that it depends on whether or not 'commands' were for the OT people or for all people of all time - if the latter then follow Jesus' teaching

Who determines which set of ten commandments are the correct ones?
Assuming you are asking about Exodus and Deuteronomy's versions - both a valid and correct, they say the same thing, Deuteronomy is a bit more expanded.

Is the Sabbath Saturday or Sunday?
Saturday for OT Jews and 7th Day Adventists. Most other Christians hold Sunday as the Lord's Day due to it being the day Jesus rose from the dead.

Do you keep the Sabbath holy?
Yes, to the very best of my ability - as I understand it to be - to worship God in community and just take delight in enjoying His blessings. NOte: I am a pastor so in a way I get to enjoy a seven day a week 'Sabbath"
Oops, edit, I was going to add this: in my Biblical Christian worldview the principle "law" that governs all others is: Love the Lord your God with everything you've got, and love your neighbour as yourself. Jesus said, "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these."

Last edited by Mistagin; 02-09-2012 at 06:08 PM.