View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
If the ABA was asking for regulations regarding size, weight, and cutting diameter when it came to the use of spears and atlatls this would be the correct approach. Asking for regs to be put in place so the tools used for this style of hunting were not just a sharpened stick I could agree with. Banning a hunting method that is really not a far stretch from archery is not a smart move.

Yes, the ABA tries to fight for rights of bowhunters but stupid proposals like this only help put a divide between other hunters and bowhunters. This creates a bad view of bowhunters and adds to the numbers of people willing to throw you under the bus.

As long as the ABA makes a fool of them selves towards other hunting groups the more respect archers loose at the sometime.

Personally as a bowhunter I don't want the black eye

You don't want to give anti's power well every time one group of hunters picks a fight with another anti's are winning because they stick together well we fight
I think you'll find the ABA is asking for regulation changes and not a ban on entire weapons. At least that will be my vote at the AGM.