View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 10:34 AM

So since nobody has updated this thread in ages with a leaderboard, I thought I would try my hand at an update. Here are some caveats that I want to highlight right off the top:

1. I am not a pro sucker identifier and I thought that suckers were all going to be lumped into one category at one time so I just counted people's biggest sucker and did not break them into species. If I was to break them up, Wayne Christie would be completely dominating the competition by a longshot. It is well deserved obviously because of the amount of time, effort and dedication he puts into fishing. Anyways, for this I just tallied the biggest individual sucker/

2. I also included goldeye and mooneye as one type of fish and updated the rankings with the biggest one. Again, Wayne Christie would be even further ahead because he is the man.

3. I added two fish which I dont think were on the list. Chub and Prussian Carp. Both are non sport fish but why not include them?

The top 5 people participating for total inches in this are:

1. jacenbeers - 173 inches (Not even close to Wayne when you add up all his suckers)
2. Wayne Christie - 151.75
3. hacman - 146.5
4. Rafhone - 133
5. dryrush - 131

The top fisherman in each category:

Brown Trout - BeeGuy - 27 inch.
Rainbow Trout - RavYak - 22.75 inch
Walleye - The Reel Deel - 30 inch
Rocky Mountain Whitefish - BeeGuy - 20.5 inch
Sucker - neekrivers and WayneChristie - 26 inch
Pike - rafhone - 39.5
Burbot - dryrush - 30 inch
Goldeye/Mooneye - WayneChristie - 15.75 inch
Sauger - WayneChristie - 19.75 inch
Chub - WayneChristie - 11 inch (world record?)
Perch - Lund Fisherman - 9 inch
Carp - jacenbeers - 13 inch
Lake Whitefish - rafhone - 18.5 inch
Lake Trout - dryrush - 30 inch
Brookie - RavYak - 11.75 inch
Cutthroat Trout - jacenbeers - 17 inch