Thread: Wolf hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Well it's kinda obvious where my cartridge heart sits, because it was my first, ha, but I dont know Blasers much outside a buddy in Cgy shoots one. Swears by it and he does a lot of Africa and NZ hunting.

Nowadays I'm more of a 7mm guy, shouldnt we all be, really?? and pondering the next step up. Got it down to 300mag long action and the 338. 375 is the dark horse.
The Blaser K95 is the European idea of a nice Ruger No 1 imo. However, modern take, very lightweight, full takedown and scope mount repeatability second to none. I’ve shot moa groups at my 250 taking scope on and off each shot. No different size groups than leaving it on...and in all development I put it through it never had a flier or poi change. Oh and reputation of incredible accuracy, I believe the late Greg Rodriguez(writer for shooting times) most accurate rifle was a k95 in 270 win. You pay dearly for this sort of thing however.

My 270 straight stock standard spec’d like this...

40 3/4” oal
5 lb 7.0 oz just iron sights
23 5/8” barrel
16.0 oz trigger pull

Add scope base and vx3 2.5-8 and it’s 6 lb 9.0 oz before cartridge holder and sling. Oh and goes into pieces for the backpack for k-country sheep duty, longest piece just the barrel.

It handles recoil really well! They are known for this, design credit etc.

https://youtu.be/w0Lj_XMDaK4