View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I hate to burst your bubble,but contrary to what you would have us believe, you aren't the only person to have met and learned from "Mr. Experience".There are many of us here that have witnessed first hand hundreds of animals killed,and we have dressed those animals and seen how the bullets performed on those animals.We don't get all of of our information from books,but we do read enough to know that you don't need to know the bullet diameter or the distance to calculate kinetic energy.
As I quoted, guys like you read and believe everything or have a mind set. You haven't read between my lines, nor am I going to paint by numbers for you. However, think of this for energy and where distance plays a factor. A 30-06 just fired a 200 grain bullet, the energy of the bullet is not equal at 100 yards as it is at 200 yards. Diameter plays a roll as well. Think of this, 243 dia. vs 500 dia. using a little common scense, no don't go to your books or google, which has the the most energy. Now be a little open minded instead of having a mind set on whatever text you read.