View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post

Longbows and X-Bows were archery tools in use centuries prior to the introduction of Firearms . Along comes the compound bow centuries after the introduction of Firearms and currently the Activist/Protectionist types envision the X-bow to be essentially a Firearm.

This is a modern mystery that has yet to be logically explained to anyone other than the Protectionists themselves.
^on this I agree. Yes, long bows and cross bows definitely existed long before compounds; there's no question about that.

However, the definition (in my mind) of Alberta's archery season is "to be held and released by muscular power". I didn't make that up - it's in the regulations. A cross bow is as different from a long/compound/recurve bow as a rifle is to a slingshot. Both the rifle and cross bow can be loaded, cocked and ready to fire until the metals rust. But a long/compound/recurve bow and slingshot can only be ccooked and ready to fire while the shooter has the strength to hold it.

To say that cross bows belong in the same group as those other bows mentioned above is about as silly as stating that cannons should be classified as a rifle. Both the cross bow and cannon came before the compound and rifle....

Let's not get silly....

J.

Yep, I dream in cartoons too