View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM

quoting pitw
I had a great weekend and thanks for asking.
Yes there are probably better deals on some of the stuff at gun shows somewhere else and I never realized you had to own a store to be a dealer[I'm much smarter now]. (just have to get shots in, huh?)
Many people don't have the where with all to travel looking for better deals and gun shows fill a niche at the local level for them. Running them down so people don't wish to attend can do nothing but harm them so I disagree with that part of your comments. You think people are sheep and can not make a decision for themselves? I can not harm them, you are being ridiculous. Because you didn't get a good deal on some toy for yourself doesn't mean that others didn't. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand your point is....
Talking with Joe Kokas/ Stan Taylor, George, Al, Doug/Becky, Doug, Phil, Will and everyone else that was good enough to display their wares made it a great show for me and I hope to see it continue. The Provost fish and game club did their community a great service by putting this show on and their use of the local 4H club to work the door says they care about the area.
If you disagree with me about any of this then I guess it's your turn.

Joe, Stan, George, Al, Doug, Becky, Phil, Will and everyone else did not bring the stuff for display, they brought it to sell. If you went there to gawk and look and shake hands, then you got your money's worth. Good for you.
I went there on the off chance hoping I would find some reasonably priced Brownings. True to EVERY gun show I have attended, I was wrong.
Will I go again? Don't know, but it is my choice. If I choose to praise someone like Clay or Ken, again my choice. If I choose to b1tch about prices, who are you to tell me I am wrong???

I did not know that years ago, gun shows were that. They were set up for display purposes, no one touched without permission, and very little was for sale. They rapidly evolved into sales events, which is more than likely before I was old enough to buy a gun. I go to buy, not to look at wildly overpriced junk.

I gave my opinion of the show, which according to pitw is wrong, or for some reason thinks that I put the crosshairs on him, and is expecting me to get back in the fray.

I had an opinion, as does everyone else.

I am done, unless someone feels they have been slapped sideways and wants to join in.

If not, please, carry on. Good thread.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 03-09-2010 at 09:35 AM.