View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-edmonton View Post
Blake

You are as much of a troll as anyone else posting their opinion on this forum. You seem to be unable to comprehend that others opinions may vary from what you deem correct.

And in my experience it is not the emt's that have a god complex, paramedics I would say some I work with have it. But they have also saved a few lives. And I am proud to say that I have been a participant in a few of those cases. And I would bet my next pay cheque that %50 or more of peace officers are in that role simply because they cannot become a real police. I am all for them
Being able to defend themselves, I just do not feel they should have a deadly force weapon on their hips.

So get over yourself and accept the fact that many people will have a different opinion that yourself. And if the solicitor generals office deemed that these people should be armed then so be it, no skin off my ass either way. I'm am merely stating my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I agree on both counts. If the average citizen isn't trusted to carry a handgun, why should someone that wasn't accepted to be a real police officer be trusted to carry a handgun?

Ok. I'll bite.

50+% huh? Source? Or will this be the first ever "Just cause I think so and I don't need proof cause that's what my buddy told me" post deemed acceptable fact on the forum.

I'll let you two know where to send the certified cheques. Just let me know when they're ready boys.

Out of all the people I've worked with in the last 11 years, TWO were rejected by the police. And one was because he was half blind and wouldn't get surgery to fix his eyes. The other twenty or so that applied were accepted. The RCMP, EPS and CPS look on the experience gained as a peace officer favourably indeed.

The majority of the remainder, myself included, have no desire to be police. I do the job because it pays well, I have a family to support and I only work 12 hour days 14 days a month on a full time line.

Now, at risk of repeating myself, if you were paying attention to my other posts I already agreed that most peace officers DON'T need sidearms.

I also agreed that not all that work with us are suitable for the position. But you could say that about any profession. Yours included. And you kind of agreed ("god complex" mm hmm). If it makes you feel any better they're usually weeded out pretty quickly.

And I never once said the citizenry didn't have a right to protect themselves. Even though the majority of the citizenry seem to feel running someone on a stolen quad off the road with your truck then shooting them in the back twice as they run away is protecting themselves.

I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion on the matter. Never did. But people aren't just stating their opinion. They're attacking people and calling them names. My issue lies in the complete disrespect being shown to a victim of a violent crime and honest hard working people. People that are all being painted with the same brush (apparently this is the phrase of the day). AND MERE DAYS AFTER THE VICTIM WAS MURDERED!

And if you were being honest about the matter you would agree.

Now tell me, If the roles were reversed and this started as a thread regarding safety issues for EMS after one was beaten to death with an IV pole, then turned into a bashing session saying all medics abuse their lights and sirens to run red lights and avoid traffic so they can go to lunch faster (Tell me it doesn't happen. I dare ya!), and they're lazy uneducated louts who should be replaced by real doctors and nurses, what would your reaction be? Would you just lay down?

Now Mark and Elk. How much can I expect? I'm in the market for a new rifle and scope and I'm curious as to how much I'll be able to spend. Cooper or Mossberg? Swarovski or Tasco?