View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Out of all the people I've worked with in the last 11 years, TWO were rejected by the police. And one was because he was half blind and wouldn't get surgery to fix his eyes.
So he is half blind and he is acceptable to work as a peace officer? So what might happen if he lost his glasses in an altercation, and he was armed and trying to aim a handgun? Who knows who might get shot.

Quote:
The other twenty or so that applied were accepted. The RCMP, EPS and CPS look on the experience gained as a peace officer favourably indeed.
I personally know a few people that work as bylaw/peace officers, and as security, that were took these jobs after being turned down, when they applied to the RCMP. Obviously the RCMP had some reason that they didn't accept them.

Quote:
I also agreed that not all that work with us are suitable for the position. But you could say that about any profession. Yours included.
True, but people in my profession aren't allowed to carry firearms while on the job, so if they do make a bad decision because of incompetence,nobody gets shot.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion on the matter. Never did. But people aren't just stating their opinion. They're attacking people and calling them names.
Would you care to point out where I called anyone names in my post?