View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch_m View Post
Ive watched all his videos, maybe I missed him drilling all day into 4 ft of ice

Look on the strikemaster video they put out , on the battery with a 10 inch it will do 70 holes in 16 inches of ice , so that would be 35 holes at 32 inches of ice
Now jump that up another 16 to make it the 48 inches at 4ft , that would be around 17 holes in ideal conditions

Now add in the super cold of Canada, not some video down on 16 inch ice with the. Sun at plus 6 outside , that's just making a video to sell em.

Real world conditions in northern Alberta , sask, lake Winnipeg is like -20 , less power

I have not drilled with a 10 inch strikemaster, but I will be in a couple weeks
I have 3 augers myself at this time

My Basicly brand new ION X electric will be for sale , anyone want it now , give me a message , they are great augers them electrics , I just like drilling lots and lots of holes , and a 1 lb bottle of propane is like $5
Then you haven't watched all this videos. Everyone that uses mine for a day with me is wishing they had one by the end of it. If you bought a crappy Ion, no wonder. If your using that as the "stick" to compare to others. I was never impressed by them. As well, I would challenge your math on holes but I see that wouldn't help this discussion.

Stick to what you have. It is working for you.