View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
Yet another post on this, I apologize.

After reading some of the posts and threads on this subject I have come to realize that some of us as anglers are living in some sort of magical fantasy land. For the few of you who still refuse to believe that posting specific information will ruin a lake, I suggest you view some of the other forums over the internet.

Many websites have set-up "Rules" for posting fishing reports. They encourage a fishing report but no location. Whats the problem with this?
The more important question is why have they done this? Its because lakes have been destroyed by overfishing, garbage, and LAZY fisherman.

Half the work in fishing is finding spots, you are not an angler if you punch in a GPS tag and watch your screen.

Why cant AOF have a rule like this? The fishing pressure in this province is extremely high on what lakes are here. Ontario has tons of lakes and yet Ontariofishing.net imposes a rule such as the one I stated.

We are living in the past here, we better smarten up with the resource before its gone. Dont say it wont happen, there are many lakes that this has already happened to.
What a selfish pile of stink. You say that part of the fun is exploration, but you don't want "your honeyhole" fished out because then you may have to go exploring for another one?? This is not the only source of info re; spots, and I may add that certain alleged spots are really just posted to deflect people from others anyways. Keep your spots to yourself or don't, I don't really care as I have my own. Coming out and telling everyone to be selfish and all (it's my spot no one else should know about it, except maybe a few close personal friends) is just ignorant, and propagates the belief that fishermen are selfish and loath to share........even my two year old knows it's not nice to be greedy..........