View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 858king View Post
Well then -- I've been told! Good to know. I would love to fish for these if able; are there any opportunities?
Sorry if I was a little blunt...it is a sore spot for me and many others. The bucket brigade live in their own little world and have ruined many, many quality fisheries. If only they were able to find out the facts before making such a horrible decision to vandalize these lakes...Alberta would of saved a lot of grief.

As for Splake and Tiger Trout...we need to do some promotion to get these back in the system. Splake have not been stocked in Alberta for probably >25 years. Tiger trout have not been stocked here but are a huge hit in Sask and Manitoba.

A few lakes around Rocky have rainbows and brookies...also up around Hinton if I recall correctly.

Some lakes have cutts and rainbows...but I can't think of any with browns and rainbows...stocked anyways. Glenmore has browns and rainbows...but the rainbows are hatchery releases and the water is big compared to a put and take lake.

Some fish like tiger trout may need special protection at least until the fishing pressure question is answered. Splake and tigers could be put in some lakes that have introduced perch to try and control them. We could release the splake and tigers and eat rainbows.