View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 05:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7MM Mike View Post
WB,
I spent a fair amount of personal effort the last time changes were proposed, fighting for the regs to stay the same as many folks did. I conversed with Rob Corrigan via email about the situation and other options. The province claims to want to keep this as simple as possible for enforcement reasons.
that is the long and short of why they would likely never entertain an age based wait time system or something of that nature, which would be my first choice of any management change.

I don't think there is a serious issue with our sheep in the zones where the changes are proposed. But I am not opposed to some change that would benefit bighorn sheep populations in general and/or increase the number of mature rams / trophy quality.

I don't think WMU 400 is a good example of the outcome of full curl regs as the population was already at a critically low level (ewes and lambs included, and recruitment rates) due to factors others have already listed.

I believe that in a healthier population the results will be different. Call me blind or naive. Just an opinion.
You are not blind or naïve.

I agree with you on most. 400 is not a good example of what could come from some changes.

bdub, has said pretty much everything I would need to. I think he has a good grasp on why change wont hurt as much as some would like to lead us to believe.

I am not 100% sure what needs to be done, but IMO something needs to change and soon.