View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Apparently you haven’t seen people cry over Elvis or the beatles, it’s not new and it’s not social media, you should watch the tragically hip special “long time running” CBC just put out they have a good part of the surgeon who performed his brain surgery who kept the hips last tour alive, you want to give a pat on the back for the unspoken people? Typical Canadians they did it for everyone involved. You probably have no idea who that brain surgeon was and neither did I, but I do now and exactly what you’re crying about is exactly what the show did, acknowledged those people so maybe pump your own tires on another thread I guess?
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's almost like the media randomly picks a favorite, usually a politician or celebrity or someone who lived a charmed life and makes a big media play about them. You brought up Mr. Downies oncologist, just another example of who society makes famous, what about all the other brain surgeons who keep regular people alive doing exactly the same thing? Are they not as special as the one who got to work on the famous person? All I'm saying is there are plenty of unsung heroes out there just as deserving but nobody notices unless media makes them a hero

Obviously I picked the wrong thread to air the inequalities of how society picks heroes. Not trying to discredit Gord Downie, he was a good man.