View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Most people have no idea what goes on in a hunt. The only thing they know is what they happened to have seen on TV. You are right it hurts the image of hunters and can turn people off. My wife has never been on a deer hunt with me. She sat and watched a show with me years ago, as the boys whooped carried on over the dead deer the look on her face.... I had to assure her the majority of hunters had a lot more respect for the life they had just taken than these clowns. I rarely watch any hunting anymore, the only guy I will watch is Rinella.
Another way they hurt hunting, is the promotion of products that are supposed to make your hunt a sure thing. Anyone who has been at this long enough knows there is no substitute for time spent in the field, but in their attempts to peddle snake oil to sportsmen I think they've managed to convince the general public that poor bambi doesnt stand a chance against the technology available to modern hunters.