View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
I suggested that many years ago and nearly got lynched

And, well, I can kinda see why now, it’s not a great idea. We don’t need to encourage more raced based nonsense.

They are all hard on the undrip agenda now and wouldn’t risk public perception turning negative anyway.
What was the logic with the people who disagreed with you? Grizzly bears are starting to be a problem in alberta - and with no recreational hunting, they have little to no fear of people.
I shot a grizzly a few years ago near swan hills, and the meat was phenomenal. If the general public and politicians don’t feel the need for a recreational hunt, i would encourage any indigenous harvester to make use of this resource and take a bear. Everyone wants a moose, but since those populations are struggling, I’d like to see more harvesters shoot a bear and let the moose numbers recover.
I honestly don’t agree with the continued ban on recreational grizzly hunting - but from what I’ve been told, the politicians in charge won’t make a change any time soon. An animal like the grizzly bear needs to be managed. Period.
With regard to the “race based nonsense”, i couldn’t agree more. In a perfect world, race wouldn’t matter, skin colour and historical heritage wouldn’t matter… but that’s not the world we live in, unfortunately.