View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Buddy just about did it with his kayak last weekend. Forgot to put plugs back in and didn't realize it until he was half way out in the lake. Had to swim it part way back...

Seen another boat launch and he had just pulled away and was gonna wait for other buddy to park the boat when all of a sudden he started yelling to get the trailer back in the water. Boat was filling up and they had to pull it up on shore to drain it out for a while...

Such a stupid law imo. I understand having to drain the water but the ticket should be regarding having standing water in the boat not the drain plug...
What is stupid is having to pull the plug on my 10' Jon boat transported upside down...... I questioned fish and wildlife at the sportsman show in Calgary and they stated I would be ticketed if I did not have it out. I guess good info as I hadn't pulled the plug before when transporting it upside down on my truck rack. No room for descretion or common sense in the application of this law. (For the record I do not disagree with their efforts)