View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Also what happens if you are not in the wrong and know it....and there was another car speeding but you got the ticket....

....this is as free a country as we can have, and we can all have our day in court....be happy for that.

I have only fought one ticket (not speeding)...I was not in the wrong and I knew it, I defended myself at trial....and I won. The police officer after the trial came up to me and shook my hand told me I did a good job and he was sorry he wasted my time, I was completely shocked he did that....

LC
I fought a ticket one time as well - judge found me guilty and charged me One Dollar or a Day in Jail, which he followed up with the advice that the day in court counted as a day in jail so I should not pay the fine.
That is a little different than fighting a mechanical device that is tested to be reliably accurate - mechanical devices do not misinterpret and do not lie. Does anyone actually think that they could get away with putting out a device that blanketed all oncoming lanes of traffic and snapping a photo of all vehicles whenever any one of them is speeding with no way to differentiate which was the offender? If it snaps your picture, you were speeding.