Thread: Cz 858
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh7674 View Post
Hi,
What will happen if I own a gun which after a year or so becomes prohibited? I am planning on buying CZ 858 as my bush gun and I am just wondering if someone in Ottawa decides that it should be classifieds as prohibited. Since I can't own a prohibited gun will I end loosing my cz 858?

thanks

Rosh
Well they could prohibit every pump shotgun, and Remington 7400 tomorrow if they wanted. And the legislation allows them to do that through Order in Council, which means it may never even see debate in the house. Wanna know what really is wrong with then Bill C-68. This is part of it for sure.

If past history is anything to go by, when all the sub 101mm barrel handguns, and .25 cal and .32 cal pistols were prohibited, the registered owners obtained prohibited owner status(grandfathered), and could keep them till they either sold them to another prohib owner, or the passed away. Once passing away they prohibated firearms have to either be transfered to another prohibated owner, or destroyed.

Only problem right now, is you cant even use your prohibated firearms at the range, they are strickly safe queens.

This is potentially going to get better with bill C-301, but only for range use. Not re classification.

There are no absolutes