View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Yup totally different conditions demanding different skill set

I too have taken a few guys out bush hunting and I hear situations that they had where they couldn’t get a shot because of xyz. Now put myself in that situation and I commonly take animals under those conditions. Put me in open country longer shots I will pass on opportunities that person will do without a second thought
I think a big issue is that lots of guys will follow the moving animal in their sights, hoping to react the instant they see an opening. For me this has never worked, generally giving the impression of having no holes big enough to shoot through because even with the animal moving fairly slowly you would have to react very quickly. I need to get ahead of the animal, find my opening, and then either make the shot or try to stop the animal when it reaches the opening. Learning to do this whilst trying to judge the head gear, often in a matter of split seconds, is not a weekend course.

Just my observation.

Last edited by Bushleague; 03-23-2024 at 12:02 PM.