View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:33 PM

1/2 oz Bucktail, it would suck if you were a kid and all you could find anywhere were C&R fishing where bait wasn't allowed. But that's not what we're talking about here. There are LOTS of community ponds and lakes around designated for just such a purpose. What Alberta doesn't have is many lakes designated as quality or trophy fisheries for those that want to catch bigger fish.

And I don't think private lakes are the answer. It stinks of elitism and I don't think just the wealthy and their buddies should be entitled to catch monster fish while the rest aren't given the opportunity.

Which brings me to my last point, about insinuating that fly fishermen can't catch big fish so they bitch about the regs. This isn't the case. What I am concerned with is that with 5 fish and the use of bait, on MANY waters, no one is given the opportunity to catch big fish.

What I want in this poll is to see, if given the option, what opportunities fishermen would want.

But hey, if you're happy with a mediocre trout fishery in Alberta, that's fine, I would just like there to be more options for people who want to put the time and effort into catching big fish. I don't see that here in Alberta.

Cheers.