View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM

Default Stettler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Hmmmm, When it was said that this was patterned off the Taber Pheasant Festival, I didn't anticipate that it would cost a group of 4 hunter $150/day to participate. Might have been nice to know that fact before taking some time off of work to make sure I had enough time to register on line and not be left out. $150 might not seem like much money to some of you, but to others it is, especially when it was not planned for.

Now, I certainly am not one of those guys that expects everything for nothing and I understand that events like this cost money. But when I have participated in the Taber Pheasant Festival, I understood the costs were handled by Taber/Surrounding Area trade boards as a mechanism to draw interest to their area for tourism and trade. We hunters come to the area and spend our money in the hotels, gas stations, restaurants and other businesses.

I think a bit of disclosure about the cost of the Stettler Festival should have been more prominent! I also think that it looks like Stettler wants to have all the benefits of having a large number of out of town hunters in their businesses, but they are not willing to actually invest in this event to draw them in. Am I missing something?
Icon, I don't think you read all of the thread as it was quite explicit that there was a $150 a day administration fee for up to 4 hunters in a team. This isn't government supported event. Springerman