View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post
Oki no need for name calling if we disagree.

I do disagree but better men than I gave their lives so we would have the freedom to speak in this country. I respect your freedom to come to the wrong conclusions and express them on this public forum.

We can go through life living like an ostrich if we choose. The law will keep you safe? Banishment will keep you safe? We all have the right bury our faces in the sand and wave our butts about in the breeze. We can even believe that no one will sodomize our unprotected arse because it's not legal to do so with our permission! But then again Oki like it or not people do break the law.

Believing that the prohibited class of weapons will keep you safe makes about sense as believing someone can not be raped because it’s against the law.

Laws can not and do not stop wrongful acts; they only provide a platform for punishment after the fact!

Some of us Canadians presently have prohibited class on our PAL so who knows what may be in a basement near you Oki. Then again some folks just break the law, might be an unregistered howitzer pointed at your house!

I don’t believe there is a limit on how much gun powder may be stored for reloading purposes in the home. I suspect the neighbour’s capacity for storing diesel fuel and fertilizer together in front of your house is probably limited by the size of his slip tank and box on his truck. Surprising you’ve managed to live so long with all this evil potential swirling about.

Your post very much reminds me of the first gun amnesty offered in this country back in the early seventies. A biker, a yank vet, I knew turned in an M60 and few boxes of belted ammo and a few other goodies. The RCMP were shocked and asked lots of questions, the dude just pointed to the poster (no questions asked). He eventually told them I’m just happy to get rid of this stuff.

I talked to him about it later and he told me....I’ve got one more...just thought they wouldn’t come looking for it if they thought I’d turned everything in.

Hard to say what’s out there Oki! Heck anyone with half a clue could turn an sks into a machine gun with a shim on the sear. It’s not rocket science.

Bottom line is anyone willing to do evil and commit crime will. All these rules do is restrict the honest folks.

The government invested ten’s of thousands of dollars teaching many of us to operate FN’s and SMG’s etc. What’s the harm if we take one to the range. (other than the dent the wallet takes when you depress the trigger)

Having the firearms and not being permitted to shoot them is BS.
Well said. I think Okotokian is way out of line. Who knows??
maybe he should turn his firearms in. Sounds to me like they make him uncomfortable.