View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Banned

i had a t3 lite in .270 with talley rings and a leupy 3-9x33 ultralite scope at 7.04 lbs all in and thats about as much recoil as i'd want out of one, i also tried limb saver but they over hang the stock edges, crooked, and look like crap, they are longer too....i hated the limb saver pad for its added lop and crap fit enough that i couldn't leave it on the gun, when i got a .270wsm i did the brake and love it, but dedicated long range set up otherwise i wouldn't even think about owning a magnum if i wasn't going to take advantage of its full potential, why get beat up with excess recoil and noise if only going to shoot regular hunting distances, a .270 can throw 140 accubond factory ammo to about 650 yrds staying above the 1800 fps threshold (from memory)...its about efficiency imo, nice clean rifle that doesn't need a brake or ugly poor fitting recoil pad would be my choice almost every time, i shoot a .270 wsm ONLY because i shoot factory ammo AND i wanted something to take me closer to 800 yrds, if i reloaded i could do it with standard cartridges in 6.5mm and i wouldn't need a magnum(re: i wouldn't need a pad or brake) but in factory ammo my choices for 800 yrd work are magnums period, a .270 or 30-06 will go 600-650 no prob

hope that helps