View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 04:50 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Still using those fictitious auction fees of yours eh? First it was 18% auction fees but what now......16%? HELLO, it’s 11% plus drumming......that’s it!
Oh yes, i forgot that there remains a rift between some people who believe institutions exchange foreign currency for free and others who dont.

Remember the sale is conducted in USD and funds exchanged for you unless you are paid in USD. Even if you exchange funds at a bank you will lose 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
$200 pelts for $130.......Yeehaw! I’ll wait to get paid thanks.
Yes, it looks like you will have a bit of a wait. At this point id hate to have to wait and personally would have zero desire to hold goods at this time, within reason. I hope we are able to salvage our economy, as well as our fragile fur markets. Italy is currently in a state of fear, chaos, and mourning and my sources tell me that the Italian buyers are out for the rest of this season, representing a high percentage of our highest priced wild goods.

What does tomorrow look like, as in post lockdown? Many, many without jobs, many, many businesses tanked and tanking. These are the people packing that wonderful plastic, that swipe and take a CG parka home. I believe this event will seriously curtail that.

However, the company i buy for is still taking goods, so im sure their outlook is brighter than mine. So thats the good news.